The Psi Gamma chapter at Scottsdale Community College is a 5-Star chapter. We have received regional and national recognition for our Honors in Action and campus events.
Student Recognitions & National Awards
- Katrine Schielder Bjerg (2013) was placed on the All-Arizona Academic Team.
- Tanja Blasko (2013) was placed on the All-Arizona Academic Team, first team member. She also won the Coca-Cola Silver scholarship.
- Brett Nachman (2012) was placed on the All-Arizona Second Academic Team. He was awarded Club President of the Year from SCC’s Student Leadership Forum/Student Life & Leadership Office. Brett was also selected as the student commencement speaker.
- Julia Anglin (2012) was placed on the All-Arizona Third Academic Team.
- Siew Yee (2011) received the Coca-Cola Foundation Guistwhite Scholarship ($5,000) and was placed on the All-Arizona First Academic Team. She also received Distinguished Chapter Officer award from PTK International.
- Joseph Juliano (2011) was placed on the All-Arizona Second Academic Team.
- David Fasel (2010) was placed on the All-USA Community College Academic Team and was a New Century Scholar ($2,000 scholarship).
- Psi Gamma earned the following awards in 2011: Pinnacle Award for membership recruitment, Distinguished Chapter Award, Distinguished College Project Award (for Heart to Haiti project), Honors Study Topic Issues Award, and Honors in Action runner-up.
- Psi Gamma earned the following awards in 2012: Roberto Ribas was awarded the Paragon Award for New Advisors at Phi Theta Kappa International Convention in Nashville; among the top 30 new advisors in the country! Dr. Zoila G. Tovar-Blank and Roberto Ribas won Advisors of the Year from SCC’s Student Leadership Forum/Student Life & Leadership Office. Valentines’ Day Dance at Desert Flower Assisted Living & Care Center won Service Event of the Year from SCC’s Student Leadership Forum/Student Life & Leadership Office.
- Help a scrabble tournament/ fundraiser.
- Bingo social event at Desert Flower Assisted Living in Scottsdale.
- Valentines event at Desert Flower Assisted Living in Scottsdale.
- Presidential Debate group event and dialogue at SCC.
- Panel Discussion members at Genocide Awareness Week.
- Attended the Phi Theta Kappa Regional Convention at CGCC.
- Certificate of Recognition for the chapter’s Honors in Action project.
- Hosted a bake sale fundraiser in honor of the 10th anniversary of 9/11 terrorist attacks. Proceeds went to Tuesday’s Children.
- Hosted a documentary screening of The Transcendent Man with faculty speaker, Stacie Anfinson.
- Assisted with SCC’s Dees Angels program that collects and wraps Christmas gifts for needy children.
- Have regular fellowship activities, such as playing dodgeball at Jumpstreet, Game Night, and potlucks.
- Hosted a popcorn fundraiser to support the arts. Proceeds went to The Phoenix Arts Theatre.
- Co-hosted with SCC’s Wellness Committee the Maricopa Breathe Easy Informational event to bring awareness to students, faculty, and staff that all Maricopa colleges will be going smoke free on July 1, 2012.
- PTK members have volunteered for several campus and off-campus events: New Student Orientation, St. Mary’s Food Bank, Breast Cancer Walk, and Health & Wellness Week events.
- PTK would like to thank Pita Jungle for donating food to our Game Night (Feb 2012).