Global Leadership Retreat

When I left for the three-day Global Leadership Retreat, I was excited about where we were going, what we were going to do the whole weekend, and I could imagine all that I was going to learn but little did I know how much more I’m going to gain from both the training, and the people that I have met there.

The skills that we have gained at the retreat will be with us as we all give back to our teams, communities, and the world at large. We all shared about ourselves, and we all gained from others as we listened. As a young leader, I now understand that you don’t have to be perfect nor be of a certain status to represent and inspire great change in others’ lives. I have got to understand what it takes to be a leader, what it means to be a leader, and that when you work with others with care and understanding you can achieve a lot more. The retreat pushed us little out of our comfort zone as we went through team building exercises, brainstorming, culture night and as well as having keynote speakers. You gain far more than you can imagine, and it is such an amazing experience, one I’ve never had before. I loved every workshop and activity we did because I could resonate with all of them, and I learned important lessons that will be beneficial now and in the future as a young global leader. – Refiloe Kitchin, Student-at-Large
This entry was posted in Insights. Bookmark the permalink.